Yes, you can remortgage your current house. You can also move house if you wish. If you intend to move house you may be able to ‘port’ your mortgage to your new property. This would allow you to move your existing mortgage deal to your new property and it might be possible to borrow more. If your lender does not allow you to port, you will need to settle your current Rio mortgage on the sale of your property and take out a new RIO mortgage on your new property. Whether you are remortgaging, porting or applying for a new property the lender will want to carry out a full mortgage assessment before agreeing to the transaction.

Open chat
Hi, let me know in as much detail as possible how we can help?